Congratulations to Brian Higson who won the Lifetime Achievement Award at the Sutton Sports Awards on Friday night. This is in recognition to the years of support he has provided to our young athletes. Well done Brian – thoroughly deserved!
The 100 club winners for March were:
- Nick Corker (30) – £50
- Angie Prince (71) – £30
- Bridget Mills (37) – £25
- Richard Baker (57) – £15
- Katie Jennings (100) – £15
- Jim Mundye (4) – £15
There are still numbers available so if you want to join then please speak to John Mills or ask at the coffee bar.
It was great to see so many people at Presentation Evening on Friday at our new venue. We hope everyone enjoyed the evening!!!
Whether you received a medal or a major award many congratulations to all our winners. The list of award winners is below:
Well done to Laura Whittle and Ernie Eames who were both winners at the Sutton Coldfield Sports Awards. Laura won “Female Personality of the Year” following her great year which included a 6th place finish in the Commonwealth Games. Ernie was the deserved winner of the “Mytime Active Volunteer of the Year Award” for his contributions to the club. Well done Mr Royal Sutton!
Congratulations also to Katie Jennings, Daniel Mills, Rob Andrew, Donald Brown and Muninder Singh Hayer who were all shortlisted for awards.
The winner of the 100 club Christmas draw for £100 was Trevor Brown – well done Trevor!
The club presentation evening takes place this Friday at Walmley Social Club (7.15-11pm). Tickets are now sold out.
Make sure to vote for your “athletes athlete”. The nominees are Andrea Deathridge, Richard Lewis, Melissa Adkins, Ellen Humpherston, Cameron Harris, Fred Tremblay, Megan McBrien, Jake Underhill, Shaun Evans.
The latest 100 club winners are:
- £50 – Mike Marshall
- £30 – Roy Humpherson
- £25 – Nick Corker
- £15 – Mick Browne
- £15 – Alex Buchanan
- £15 – Clive Hackforth
Well done all and thanks for your support. The next draw is on 27 November. If you’d like to join the 100 club please speak to John Mills
The 2013 Sutton Coldfield Sports Awards were held on Friday evening at the Town Hall. A near capacity audience was there to celebrate the achievements of athletes, coaches and volunteer helpers from sporting clubs within Sutton.
The club had nominees in six of the fourteen categories, ten in total and five of them made it through to the final three in their respective categories and were present at the event. In the Veteran Sports Personality section two of the final three were Royal Sutton members.
Fantastic Friday started with Donald Brown being named Veteran Sports Personality of the Year, closely followed by the Volunteer of the Year Laurence – sorry Bunny Kyd and the very next award Coach of the Year went to Margaret and Ian Riley. Three very well deserved awards in quick succession what a fantastic few minutes!!!
Congratulations to all our members who were nominated, but extra special congratulations to Donald, Bunny and Margaret and Ian.
Many thanks to the CSPAN Committee, the awards sponsors and especially Jane Sixsmith for organising the evening.
Report by John Mills
Congratulations to our club members who have reached the final three in their respective categories at the Sutton Coldfield Sports Awards:
- Bunny Kyd – the Trinity Ward Volunteer of the Year
- Margaret and Ian Riley – the Hydro Mechanical Services Coach of the Year
- Graham Felton – the Four Oaks Ward Veteran Sports Personality of the Year
- Donald Brown – the Four Oaks Ward Veteran Sports Personality of the Year
- Nick Pryce – the Mainstream Print S/C Sports Personality of the Year
The presentation evening takes place at the end of January – We wish them all the best!
Congratulations to everyone who won medals at the club presentation evening. For those who didn’t manage to make it to the evening the main award winners were:
- Cross country overall – Ollie Harradence
- Best all rounder female – Hannah Smith
- Best all rounder male – Nick Corker
- Most improved athlete female – Andrea Deathridge
- Most improved athlete male – Shaun Evans
- Best single performance female – Laura Whittle
- Best single performance male – Connor Notley
- Most promising newcomer female – Lorna Foster
- Most promising newcomer male – Evan Pritchard
- Team of the Year – Senior track & field team
- Attitude to club female – Lucy Wood
- Attitude to club male – Chris Sissons
- Clare Fancote award female – Katie Ingle
- Clare Fancote award male – Nicholas Pryce
- Club person of the year award – Graham Felton
There are some photos available here courtesy of Marc Kirsten