There’s just over a week to go until the Little Aston 5 Mile Road Race and 2 Mile Fun Run, with online entries available until 31 August. The race takes place on Sunday 4 September (11am) and starts and finishes at Little Aston Primary School (Address: Forge Lane, Sutton Coldfield, B74 3BE)
Well done to Laura Whittle who became an Olympian during the week when she ran in the 5000m. She capped off a fantastic season with a really gutsy performance finishing 10th in her heat in a time of 15.31. Great stuff – we’re all proud of you (and more than a little envious too!!!)
Under-15 Royal Sutton AC athlete Jasmine Walker won gold in the U15 girl’s javelin competition last Saturday in the Midland Track and Field Championships at Nuneaton. Jasmine secured victory with virtually the last throw of the competition after a tense 6-round battle with the Midland’s top throwers in the age group. The throw was measured at 35.26 metres, breaking the club record and extending her lead at the top of the West Midland’s rankings and moving her into the top 20 UK rankings. Thirteen year old Jasmine is still at the bottom end of the age group and will be aiming for more success next year. She has already thrown the qualifying distance for the English National Championships and will be competing at Bedford later this month.
Also competing for the club in the under-13 girls’ quadrathlon competition last Sunday were Elsa and Zara Buchanan who finished 8th and 25th respectively out of a very large field of young athletes. In this event they had to display all-round ability, competing in the long-jump, high jump, shot-putt and the 100 metres. Notable performances included a high jump of 1.35 metres (a personal best for Elsa) and a shot putt of 5.50 metres by Zara.
WOW, Super performances by everyone last weekend at Solihull. Check out the RESULTS and you can see how close it was, so well done to all of you because every point really counted. We finished in third place at Solihull which in a very tight finish gave us second place overall after all 4 meetings.
- Abingdon 24
- RSCAC 18 (1518.5)
- Solihull and Small Heath 18 (1384)
- Kidderminster and Stourport 16
- Corby 14.5
- Charnwood 13.5
- Kettering 4
- Chrissie Prince Under 20 Discus 31.52m .This breaks her own record of 30.98 set earlier this year.
- Janice Pryce W55 Triple Jump 9.62m .This breaks her own record of 9.36m set earlier this year as well as being superior to the British record of 9.29m but due to the absence of a wind gauge cannot be ratified as a British record
- Graham Felton M65 Shot 7.26 Kg .8.50m. This beats his own record set in 2015 of 7.60m
- Mens 4x100m Relay 43.7 secs( team of Kane Howitt,Ethan Brough,Shem Nelson and Nick Pryce). This beats the old record of 43.8 set in 2015 and 2016.
- Georgia Delaney 1500m
- Shaun Evans 3000m
- Elliott Walker High Jump
- Rachel Brown Triple Jump.
Here’s John’s report from the Vets meeting held at Wyndley at the end of July:
“Hi Everyone, I have had a chance to go through the results in a little detail and there were two club records set by Lorna and Graham and quite a few personal bests. The details are .
- Lorna Foster W50 Discus 24.28m .This beats her old record of 22.75 set in 2015.
- Graham Felton M65 Hammer (5Kg) 25.84m. This beats his old record of 24.39 set in 2015
- Helen Elsouedi W40 200m/800m/3000m
- Kate McBrien W45 800m/3000m
- Fiona Smith W50 2000m Walk
- Lorna Foster W50 Hammer
- Paul Baker M35 200m/800m
- Stephen Pitt M45 200m/3000m
- Paul Jenkins M50 200m/
- Daniel Musson M35 800m/3000m
- Jim Greenwood M40 3000m