Sutton did amazingly at the first Sportshall of the season. We had full teams with everyone trying their best. There were also many 1st and 2nd places for Sutton. Keep checking this page for the final results: http://www.birminghamsportshall.com/
Well done to everyone who took part.
We’ve updated the club records to show all new records set since the end of June. Blimey – we’ve had some great performances with 20 new club records and one new British record (congrats Janice Pryce) in the last couple of months of the season. Well done to all our record breakers!!!
It’s that time of year again. Get those muddy spikes out of the garage because cross country is back. The youngsters kick off the season this weekend with the first race at Hatton Country World. A list of the key races is set out below. Get the dates in the diary.
- Sun 2 Oct – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 1 – Hatton Country World
- Sat 5 Nov – National XC Relays – Mansfield
- Sat 12 Nov- Senior XC leagues
- Sun 20 Nov – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 2 – Warley Woods
- Sat 3 Dec – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 11 Dec – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 3 – Perry Park, Birchfield
- Sat 7 Jan – Warks and Staffs County XC Champs
- Sat 14 Jan – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 15 Jan – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 4 – Abingdon Park – Northampton
- Sat 28 Jan – Midland XC Champs – Prestwold Hall, Loughborough
- Sat 11 Feb – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 12 Feb – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 5 – Aldersley Stadium, Wolverhampton
- Sat 25 Feb – National XC Champs. Wollaton Park, Nottingham.
- Sat 11 Mar – UK Inter-Counties XC and World Trials
Further information is available on the league websites:
Some great performances from Sutton athletes at the Midland Road Relays last Saturday. Laura Whittle showed she has maintained her Olympic form running the fastest leg of the day. She led the women’s team home to a 6th place finish. The men also ran well, with the young team finishing in 24th place to secure qualification for the Nationals.
The annual Presentation Evening is almost here, so we need everyone to vote for their ‘Athletes’ Athlete’.
Voting opens tomorrow night at training. You will have a week to cast your vote, with voting closing at 8.10pm on Tuesday 4th October. Cast your vote in the clubhouse.
This year’s nominees are:
- Ethan Brough
- Bonita Deathridge
- Jess Dunn
- Cameron Harris
- Lee Hetherington
- Ellen Humpherston
- Rachel Iliffe
- Mante Nausedaite
- Chrissie Prince
- Emily Symes
- Ben White
- Rachel and Caitlin White
This list of nominations has been put together by the coaches. The ’Athletes’ Athlete’ award is to recognise athletes who are an asset to training groups and to the club itself. This award is for athletes who always turn up to training and competitions, train hard and try their best in competitions, while also supporting others. They should be a role model to other athletes and a pleasure to train with.
* Strictly 1 vote per club member.
The dates are out for this year’s Indoor Sportshall Athletics League.
12th November (Sutton have to do the raffle and pack away the equipment at the end.)
They are at North Solihull Sports Centre, B37 5LA.
5 – 8pm.
Any athletes in school Year 5 – Year 10 can take part.
If you are interested, please ask at the club for Meg Evans, Nikki Iliffe or Chrissie Prince.