It was a cold and wet evening and sprint times were a little slow but our rather small team put in some excellent performances.Here are a few I have picked out.
- Lorna Foster Hammer (4Kg) 24.13m . New PB. Chasing Fiona’s club record.
- Fiona Smith 2000m Walk 13.34.1. New PB (10 sec improvement ) .Chasing Zeta McDonalds club record set in 2007. Hammer 22.16m (3Kg ) Seasons best.
- Janice Pryce . Won both the Long Jump and Triple Jump with good performances in the conditions.
- Richard Henry 400m 59.9 ( M40 PB) . Said that he really enjoyed running a 400m or was it NEVER AGAIN.
- Matthew Bennett . 1500m 5.07.7 ( PB)
- Daniel Musson 400m 70.3 (PB) , 1500m 5.36.7 (PB)
- Paul Baker Long Jump 3.45m ( PB),400m 66.4 ( Equals PB)
- Trevor Lewis 400m 71.0 (PB) First ever track meet. Also ran in the Medley Relay team.
- Ed Saunders Pole Vault 2.30 (M45 PB),Long Jump 4.12m (M45 PB),Discus 17.15m (M45 PB)
- Donald Brown . Won both his M50 events (100m and Shot) and took second place in the M35 100m with the same time as the winner.
A special thanks to Ruth D, Ian S and Phil P. Burton AC have acknowledged the help they received from all officials which helped the meeting to run smoothly.
Well done everyone. The next meeting is at Sutton on the 19th July so no excuses not to be there (John T).