Winter arrived with a vengeance yesterday as our junior athletes travelled to the notorious mud of Burbage Common for their fourth league match of the season. There was some fantastic brave running by our athletes in truly awful conditions of mud, snow and deep slush. Overall the team finished third out of 19 clubs and remain in fourth place in the league. Well done to everyone who took part – you truly did the club proud!
The full results are on the WMYACCL website and photos taken by Marc Kirsten are available on the FLICKR page. Team results and standout individual performances in each age group are summarised below:
- U11 boys – 2nd, with George Hope 1st back for RSCAC in 10th place, and great support from Ben Stewart, Jack Wakefield, George O’Connor and Tom Smith to bring the club home 2nd in a highly competitive race.
- U11 girls – 4th, with top ten finishes for Hope Stirland (6th) and Sian Duval (7th)
- U13 boys – 7th, with Jack Newman 1st home in 26th
- U13 girls – 3rd, with Ella Semple top in this age group in 15th
- U15 boys – 10th, with the pick of the performances being a great run by Lewis Duval finishing 11th
- U15 girls – 3rd, with Ellen Humpherston 1st home in 13th
- U17 women – 6th with Georgia Curry finishing 4th
- U17 men – 3rd, with great teamwork from Euan Cox (10th), Alex Blackham (11th) and Alex Jones (14th)
The final race is at Birchfield Harriers on 14th February. It’s close to home and conditions surely can’t be as bad again so let’s have a great turnout and finish the season in style