Entries to the Little Aston 5 Mile Road Race are now open. The race is organised by Royal Sutton and takes place this year on Sunday 3 September. It starts and finishes at Little Aston Primary School and takes place along quiet undulating country lanes. The cost is £10 for affiliated athletes (£12 for unaffiliated)
The final timetable for the Club Championships is now available. If you have any queries please speak to Graham Felton.
A date for the diaries – the Little Aston 5 and 2 mile fun run will be taking place this year on Sunday 3 September. Further details and online entries will follow soon on the website.
Now the cross country is (almost) over we can finally wash those spikes and start thinking ahead to the athletics season. To kick off the season Royal Sutton will be hosting its own Club Championships for U11s to U20s. This will be a great chance to try out a new event, check out your early season form or just have a lot of fun competing. The event will take place on Saturday 8 April at Wyndley. Entries to be submitted at the clubhouse before Thursday 30 March, with further details in the below Flyer and Entry Form. Get training!!!
It’s that time of year again. Get those muddy spikes out of the garage because cross country is back. The youngsters kick off the season this weekend with the first race at Hatton Country World. A list of the key races is set out below. Get the dates in the diary.
- Sun 2 Oct – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 1 – Hatton Country World
- Sat 5 Nov – National XC Relays – Mansfield
- Sat 12 Nov- Senior XC leagues
- Sun 20 Nov – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 2 – Warley Woods
- Sat 3 Dec – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 11 Dec – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 3 – Perry Park, Birchfield
- Sat 7 Jan – Warks and Staffs County XC Champs
- Sat 14 Jan – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 15 Jan – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 4 – Abingdon Park – Northampton
- Sat 28 Jan – Midland XC Champs – Prestwold Hall, Loughborough
- Sat 11 Feb – Senior XC leagues
- Sun 12 Feb – West Midlands Young Athletes XC Race 5 – Aldersley Stadium, Wolverhampton
- Sat 25 Feb – National XC Champs. Wollaton Park, Nottingham.
- Sat 11 Mar – UK Inter-Counties XC and World Trials
Further information is available on the league websites:
Due to the website issues we experienced earlier in the week we have extended the closing date for online entries to the LA5 to Friday 2 September. Entries are £10 and £12. Entries are also being taken on the day for £15 and £17 (upto the race limit).
There’s just over a week to go until the Little Aston 5 Mile Road Race and 2 Mile Fun Run, with online entries available until 31 August. The race takes place on Sunday 4 September (11am) and starts and finishes at Little Aston Primary School (Address: Forge Lane, Sutton Coldfield, B74 3BE)
Online entries are now open for the Little Aston 5 mile road race. The race is organised by Royal Sutton and takes place this year on Sunday 4 September. The course is on undulating country lanes, starting and finishing at Little Aston Primary School. The race is registered with Run Britain and results will be eligible for Power of Ten rankings
Congratulations to Laura Whittle who has been selected to run for GB in the 5000m at the European Athletics Championships in Amsterdam in July. Laura has had a great start to the season running a PB of 15.08 in the 5000m and claiming a bronze medal last weekend at the British Championships. Further details are in the British Athletics announcement below.
Well done Laura – we wish you all the best!