Here’s some other great results from recent events sent in by John Topliss:
Tipton Open/BMC 20th June
- Meghan Sharman U15 Hammer (3Kg) 1st 37.00m .New Club record. This breaks her own record of 36.90m set recently.
- Chrissie Prince U20 Hammer (4Kg) 1st 42.68m . Seasons best. Close to her club record set last year.
- Alex Jones U20 800m 1st 1.58.3 . Close to his PB
- Tom Chew 1500m 11th 4.16.8 . New PB by over 5 secs.
- Shaun Evans U23 5000m 1st 15.15.8 . As far as I can see this was Shaun’s first 5K track race. Coincidentally I recently bumped into the holder of the Club record, Alistair 0’Connor (married to Linda), outside the Clubhouse . He set the record in 1990.
England Under 23 Champs 18th June
- Katie Ingle 3000m Steeplechase 4th 10.20.51 .Seasons Best. Over 2 secs improvement from time in winning the Welsh Champs (as a guest) . Next event for Katie is the World Champs Trials on July 2nd at Alexander Stadium . If you cannot make it I am sure it will be on TV. Here’s wishing Katie a super race.