Here’s John’s report from the British Masters:
“WOW!!! Great results from the British Masters Champs at Alexander Stadium at the weekend with Janice setting a new W55 British record in the Triple Jump. Here are the details:
- JANICE PRYCE W55 Triple Jump 1st 9.75m BRITISH RECORD This beats the existing record of 9.29m set in 2014 by Teresa Eades. Janice broke the old record three times in the competition and now holds both the W50 and the W55 records; W55 Long Jump 3rd 4.08m.
- LORNA FOSTER W50 Discus 2nd 24.60m NEW CLUB RECORD; W50 Shot 4th 8.51m; W50 Hammer 24.32m 8th
- DONALD BROWN M50 100m Hurdles 1st 14.74; 200m 2nd 24.45. Both these times were seasons best for Donald . Janice tells me that Donald tripped at the finish in the 200m which was a very close race (winners time 24.41) . He is OK after his fall.
- KEVIN BROWN M 50 Discus 2nd 45.09m Very close competition ( Winner was 45.80m)
- DAVID PRICE M75 Javelin 2nd 25.54m
- RICHARD HENRY M40 100m 8th 12.71
Well done to Janice, Lorna, Donald, Kevin, David and Richard. We are proud of you all.
I am not too sure how many of our athletes are going to Australia to compete in the World Masters in October/November but here’s wishing you all a great Championship.