Hi Everyone, Super performances by everyone gave us second place at the meeting and once again a great team spirit. After the first two meetings we are now in second place in the League. I have had a quick look at the results and have found the following club records and new personal bests.
- Janice Pryce W55 Triple Jump 9.36 m. This is not only a new club record but is better than the existing BRITISH record of 9.29 set by Teresa Eades in 2014 at the European Masters Champs in 2014. Unfortunately due to the absence of a wind gauge (there was no wind) it cannot be registered as a British record. Janice had the same problem when breaking the W50 British record which she holds. Its great to see her back in action after being injured for a couple of years. Janice also set a new record in the long jump of 4.12m. This beats Maureen Lewingtons record of 3.82 m set in 2005
- Chrissie Prince U20 Hammer 39.11m . This breaks her own record of 38.57m set recently.
- Liam Goodall U20 Hammer 7.26Kg 39.81m. This breaks his own record of 37.87m set recently.
- Megan Evans Triple Jump 10.76m . This equals her Senior record set in 2004.
Well done to Janice, Chrissie, Liam and Megan.
- Megan Evans 100m Hurdles 19.1
- Ellen Humperston U17 1500m 5.24.1
- Lorna Foster W50 Hammer 4Kg 22.25m
- Charmaine Riley Nelson W35 200m 27.7 Equals W35 PB
- Lee Hetherington 400m 50.9, 800m 2.00.8
- Tom Chew 3K Schase 10.12.2
- Alex Blackham 3K Schase 10.17.1
- Rob Andrew M50 3000m 10.00.7
- Elliott Walker High Jump 1.70m
- Kane Howitt 200m 22.0 Equals PB
- Ethan Brough 100m 11.6 Equals PB
There were a couple of near misses . Emily Campion (0.6 secs over 3000m) and Nick Pryce (0.1 over 400m club record).
Well done to everyone. Apologies if I have missed anyone. There are some great photos on the Abingdon AC website
A special thanks to our officials – Ruth, Katie, Fiona, Chris, Derek, Ian and Stuart who made sure that we got maximum points awarded. The next meeting is at Abingdon on July 2nd so please put this in your diaries so we can have a great turnout.
All the best . John T