For once the weather gods were kind on us. After weeks of rain and a winter of trudging through deep mud those who travelled to Nottingham were treated to Spring like conditions and a hard, fast and entertaining course (thanks from the steeplechasers amongst us for the nice log jump!).
Katie Ingle and Megan McBrien provided the top performances on the day with Katie finishing 17th and Megan finishing 37th in the Junior Women’s race. Georgia Curry also had a great run to finish 69th in the U15 girls race.
Well done to everyone else who competed – there were lots of runners who were competing at the National for the 1st time and they all ran superbly. The RSC results are below:
- U13 boys – Stephen Shirley 243rd; Tom Hancox – 252nd; Ben Horton 344th
- U13 girls – Ellen Humpherston 159th; Melissa Adkins 161st; Georgia Platt 231st; Lucy Ollerenshaw 250th.
- U15 girls – Georgia Curry – 69th; Lois West – 243rd; Libby Dunne – 248th; Becky Evans – 305th; Ella Bissell – 322nd
- U17 men – Jerome Austin – 181st
- Junior women – Katie Ingle – 17th; Megan McBrien – 37th
- Senior Men – Nick Corker – 173rd; Chris Taylor – 469th; Dave Long 559th; Tom Chew – 719th; Richard Lewis – 1214th.