A small team travelled to Burton to compete in the 3rd Veterans T&F league match of the season. There were some fantastic performances:
- Janice Pryce leapt to exactly 10.00m in the W50 triple jump which would have been a new British record if a wind gauge had been available. Earlier on she had won the W40 100m and the W40 long jump.
- Kevin Brown won the M35 Discus with a monumental throw of 51.08m to put him top of the British M45 rankings by a long way.
- Graham Felton easily won the M60 100m and then set a new club record in the M60 Discus with a throw of 31.22m. He also took second place in the M50 Shot.
- Gordon and Beryl Chapman both won their age divisions in the 2000m walk with Gordon breaking his M80 club record by over 7 seconds.
- Sandra McDonald sprinted away from the rest of the field to win the W50 100m.
- Fleur O’Brien knocked more than a second of her W60 100m time and then set a new club record in the 400m before setting another PB in the Discus.
- Nick Corker took the lead from the start in the M35 1500m and just kept increasing his lead with a superb piece of front running to record a great time of 4.14, which is also a PB in this age group.
Well done to everyone. The final Veterans league meeting is on Wednesday 1st August at home so no excuses – lets have a great turnout!
Report by John Topliss