Members’ Code of Conduct
All members must:
- Show respect to coaching staff, helpers and officials and their decisions.
- Show respect to other team members and show team spirit.
- Listen and learn from the coaching staff and helpers.
- Respect all other club members and those from other clubs regardless of: age, gender, ability, race, cultural background or religious beliefs.
- Strive to achieve your individual potential.
- Keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform your coach or team manager if you are going to be late.
- Wear suitable and appropriate kit.
- Show impeccable behaviour when representing the club and during training. Take pride in being a member of the club.
- Report inappropriate behaviour or risky situations to the club’s Welfare Officer.
- Not smoke, consume alcohol or drugs on club premises or whilst representing the club.
Parents’/Carers’ Code of Conduct
We hope that you will support the athletics club’s vision of a safe and nurturing environment by following this code of conduct for parents/carers.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performances, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.