Also competing at the same meeting were M50 Rob Andrew whose time of 2 06.1 was a seasons best and M40 Paul Thompson who recorded 2.14.
“Jasmine Walker had a fantastic debut performance for RSC by winning the Under-13 girls’ javelin competition at the Stoke Athletic Club’s open meeting last Saturday. Her best throw of 27.06 metres not only broke the club’s long-standing record by over two metres, but also was the longest throw by an under-13 girl in the West Midlands this year. What is so remarkable is that Jasmine only took up javelin throwing four weeks ago and this was her first ever competition. There is plenty more to come!
Other successes at the Stoke meeting involving under-13 Royal Sutton athletes included Freya Liddington who won silver medals in the long jump (with a new PB of 4.40m) and the shot putt and Maddie Hammond with bronze medals in the 1200 metres and shot putt.”
A date for the diaries…..The annual Presentation Evening will take place this year on Friday 18 September at Walmley Social Club. Admission will be by ticket only (no payment on the door). More information will follow soon on the website and at the clubhouse.
Hi Everyone, Please find the provisional results of yesterdays meeting. RESULTS – MATCH 4 You will see we won the meeting by the smallest of margins so I am delighted that I was able to persuade several of you to fill in events where we had gaps.
- Sherri Smart – Senior Women Hammer (4K) 30.16 beats Sharon Ralph’s record of 25.08 set in 2009. This was also Sherri’s first competition.
- Liam Goodall Under 17 Hammer (7.26K) 35.83 beats his own record of 33.02 set this year.
- Andrea Deathridge W40 1500m 5.15.0 beats Rita Hinds record of 5.17.9 set in 1986. Rita and I were part of the same training group.
- Sharon Ralph W35 Triple Jump 8.01 beats Mel Woodward’s record of 7.29 set this year.
- Sharon Ralph W35 High Jump 1.30 beats Sandra McDonald’s record of 1.28 set in 1997
- Nick Corker M40 3000m Sch 10.20 beats his own record of 10.36.6 set earlier this year.
The latest 100 club winners are ……………………..
- £50 – Paul Williams
- £30 – Nick Corker
- £25 – Sarah Smewin
- £15 – Katie Jennings
- £15 – Linda Lord
- £15 – Alison Evetts
Well done everyone. The next draw takes place on 26 November. If you would like to support the club and join the 100 club please speak to John Mills or ask at the coffee bar
- Donald Brown was 5th in the final of the 100m in a time of 12.08 into a minus 3.8 headwind
- Fred Tremblay was 7th in the M35 800m final in a seasons best time of 1.57.44
- Rob Andrew was 8th in the M50 800m final in a time of 2.06.99.
The Little Aston 5 is organised by Royal Sutton and takes place this year on Sunday 6 September. The route starts and finishes at Little Aston Primary School and takes in the undulating country lanes.
A map of the course, together with links to race results and photos from previous events is available on our LA5 page.
The British Masters Championships were held at Alexander Stadium and our athletes had some great results with several becoming British Champions ! M50 100m Donald Brown British Champion 11.95 M50 100m Hurdles Donald Brown British Champion 14.64
With a 6th place in the 100m against strong opposition, and a Season’s best.